In the event of a chemical spill or other biohazard immediately call 9-1-1
The Emergency Management Department continually works hard to ensure the County is prepared for any and all types of potential disasters.
This department performs numerous tasks, including:
- Coordinates the development, maintenance, and testing of a comprehensive all-hazard emergency management program for Berkeley County.
- Coordinates the County’s emergency management training program.
- Operates the Emergency Operations Center in conjunction with various County partners.
- Identifies and works to mitigate hazards to the County.
- Develops and maintains plans for emergency situation responses.
- Coordinates the deployment of and requests for resources through the Statewide Mutual Aid Agreement.
- Serves as the County’s coordinating agency for hazardous materials response through partnership with the Local Emergency Planning Committee.
- Oversees development and coordination of volunteer efforts through the Community Emergency Response Team and Volunteer Council.
- Serves as the County’s liaison to area fire departments.
- Provides emergency response support to all County partners.
MONCKS CORNER, S.C.- (Monday, May 18, 2020) – Berkeley County is scheduled to return to OPCON Level 3, or normal operating conditions, at noon today. The County continues to work with local, state…
COLUMBIA, S.C. (Tuesday, May 12, 2020) –At the request of Governor Henry McMaster, the Federal Emergency Management Agency has amended its disaster declaration for the April 13 severe storm to make residents in…
MONCKS CORNER, S.C.- (Friday, May 8, 2020) – Berkeley County Government buildings will reopen to the public on Wednesday, May 20. The Voters Registration and Elections Office will be open to the public…
MONCKS CORNER, S.C.- (Wednesday, April 1, 2020) – Berkeley County Supervisor Johnny Cribb is urging citizens to follow the Governor’s orders and encouraging people to stay home if possible. Supervisor Cribb issued the…
MONCKS CORNER, S.C.- (Monday, March 23, 2020) — Berkeley County continues to adjust operations in response to COVID-19. Berkeley County is restricting public access into County buildings and facilities and will continue offering…