- Vehicles: You must change your name or address with SCDMV at scdmvonline.com or 1-803-896-5000.
- Watercraft: You must change your name or address with DNR at dnr.sc.gov or 843-953-9301.
- Aircraft: You must change your name or address with FAA registry at registry.faa.gov or 1-866-762-9434.
- Documented Vessels: You must change your name or address with the US Coast Guard at uscg.mil/nvdc or 1-800-799-8362.
- Merchant accounts: You must change your name or address with DOR at dor.sc.gov or 1-803-898-5000.
- Business Furniture, Fixtures & Equipment accounts: For a Berkeley County Business Personal Property Return, (County Jurisdiction Form 96) you must change your name or address with the Berkeley County Auditor’s Office at or 843-719-4309. For a SC State Business Personal Return, (State Jurisdiction Form PT100) you must contact the SC Department of Revenue at 803-898-5222.
According to State Law, you must notify the SCDMV (SC Department of Motor Vehicles) of any change of address.
The Auditor’s office uses records provided by the SCDMV to generate vehicle property tax bills and where to mail your tax bill.
An incorrect address on file with the SCDMV could result in paying the wrong tax amount. It can also cause a delay in receiving your renewal registration and decal for your license plate.
According to State Law, you must notify SCDNR (SC Department of Natural Resources) to register your newly acquired boat.
The Auditor’s Office uses records on file with SCDNR to determine which tax district you reside in and where to mail your tax bill.
An incorrect address on file with SCDNR could result in the incorrect tax amount being paid. This could delay the registration renewal process.