Do I need an encroachment permit and how much is it?


Berkeley County Roads & Bridges Encroachment Permits must be obtained from our department prior to any work being performed in a county maintained right-of-way or drainage easement only. Examples of encroachments include driveways, utility installation, fence construction, landscaping, etc.

Presently the Roads & Bridges Department does not charge a permit fee, but other local & state agencies may. Please check with your local or state agencies for their permitting process.

Comments are closed.