I am active duty military, do I lose my 4% exemption if I get reassigned to serve away from South Carolina?


Reference: S.C. Code of Laws 12-43-220

If you receive military orders for a PCS or a TDY for at least one year, you are required to file the Active Duty Military Special Assessment Supplement Application with this office, on or before the first penalty date (usually January 15th) of the year in which you wish to receive the military exemption. Please keep in mind that this is an annual application that must be filed every year applicable, on or before the first penalty date.
Special Assessment Active Duty Military Supplement Application

Comments are closed.