I am not a landlord, but I allowed someone to live in my house that now refuses to leave. How can I make them leave?


If a person is occupying your property without consent or is refusing to leave you can file a Notice to Quit Premises. This is when there is no landlord-tenant agreement between the parties (example, a child or boyfriend/girlfriend). Once served with this order, the defendant has 5 days to vacate the property or request a show cause hearing. If they refuse to leave you may obtain a Writ of Possession to have the defendant removed from the property.

Comments are closed.