Military Exemption


If you are active duty military stationed in South Carolina and claim another state as your home of record; vehicles as well as leased vehicles with a title in your name and/or your spouse’s name may be exempted from property taxes. A current Leave and Earning Statement must be filed with the Auditor’s Office. If your spouse is on the title as a co-owner or alone; a copy of their dependent ID card or copy of your marriage license must be presented in addition to the military member’s LES. Only active duty military personnel & spouses can be exempt and any other names on the title will cause them to have pay half the bill.

Comment on this FAQ