If you do not qualify for a loan and have eligible disaster related serious needs or expenses, the SBA will refer your case to “Other Needs Assistance” (ONA) automatically. Through ONA, a disaster victim may receive additional federal assistance for eligible personal property and vehicle losses as well as help with medical, dental, and funeral expenses and certain other miscellaneous items provided that you have not already exceeded the maximum allowable assistance as provided for in the law, which is $28,200 in federal fiscal year 2007. If you have already received the maximum for home repair or replacement, there are no federal funds left to help you.

Comments are closed.

Close Search Window