When should I not call 911?


Please do not call 9-1-1 to report that electricity or other utilities are out; to notify authorities of traffic jams; to inquire about government services or to learn general information.
The Emergency Communications Center has several non-emergency telephone lines that are accessible to the public. For all non-emergency situations, please call (843) 719-4505 or (843) 719-4169. Examples of calls that should be placed to the non-emergency number are:

  • Traffic accidents that do not involve injuries
  • Loud music or barking dogs
  • Late reported incidents such as theft with no suspect information
  • Requests for information

Comments are closed.