MONCKS CORNER, S.C. – (Wednesday, April 6, 2022) – The Berkeley Animal Center has teamed up with Berkeley County Library System to hold a donation drive this month to collect much-needed items for shelter pets.
Items can be dropped off Monday, April 11 – Friday, April 15 during normal business hours at the following County library branches:
- Cane Bay Library – 1655 Cane Bay Boulevard, Summerville (Suite A)
- Daniel Island Library – 2301 Daniel Island Drive, Daniel Island
- Goose Creek Library – 325 Old Moncks Corner Road, Goose Creek
- Hanahan Library – 1216 Old Murray Court, Hanahan
- Moncks Corner Library – 1003 N. Highway 52, Moncks Corner
- St. Stephen Library – 113 Ravenell Drive, St. Stephen
- Sangaree Library – 595 Sangaree Parkway, Summerville
**The Animal Center has an urgent need for dog and cat food.** Other donations needed include pet toys, leashes, dish soap, towels, blankets, and more. Please see complete Wish List attached. An ongoing Amazon Wish List can be found HERE.
Throughout the drive, the Animal Center will also have displays set up at each library location. Resources will be available on pet adoption, dog and cat care, heartworm prevention, and much more.
The Berkeley Animal Center relies on donations from the community to help care for animals awaiting adoptions.
“We couldn’t properly care for our shelter animals without the tremendous support we receive day-in and day-out from our community. Because the County’s population is rapidly growing, our local pet population is, too. This directly impacts our shelter, which continually faces overcrowding and the need for ongoing donations. Our citizens are the heartbeat of Berkeley Animal Center, and we are beyond thankful for their willingness to always provide.” -Heather McDowell, Berkeley Animal Center Director
-Prepared by the Berkeley County Public Information Office-