Janet Brown Jurosko
Elected Date: November 8, 1988
Term Expires: December 31, 2024
PO Box 6122, Moncks Corner, SC 29461
Janet Brown Jurosko was elected Berkeley County Auditor in 1988 and currently serving her 8th term in office. She was the first Republican to win a countywide election in Berkeley County’s history.
Janet is the daughter of Eva Brown Semmens and the late Dr. James Semmons, of Sea Brook Island, and the late Gamewell L. Brown, Sr. of Moncks Corner. She and her family are members of the First Baptist Church of Cordesville.
Janet graduated from Berkeley High School, attended Trident Technical College, International Association of Assessing School, and completed the County Auditors, Treasurers and Tax Collectors Academy. In 1997, she received the Director’s award for outstanding Public Service from The South Carolina Department of Revenue.
Janet has served or is now serving on the following:
- SCATT (South Carolina Association of Auditors, Treasurers, and Tax Collectors) Legislative Committee as Co-Chairman, for South Carolina State House
- SCATT Chairman, of Natural Resources Wildlife Committee
- SCATT Association Continuing Education Committee
- SCATT Association Tax Reform Committee
- SCATT Association Uniform Tax Bill Committee
- SCATT Association Low Country Region support Committee
- SCATT Association awards Committee
- SCATT Association Legislative Committee
- SCATT Association Newspaper Committee
- Berkeley County Soil and Water Conservation District Ladies Auxiliary as Secretary/Treasurer
- SCAC (South Carolina Association of Counties), Revenue, Finance, and Economic Development, steering Committee
- Berkeley Electric Economic Development Resource Committee
- Berkeley Republican Executive Committee
She is also called during the year to serve on special committees concerning property tax law, and changes, and how it will affect local government and taxpayers.
Janet is currently a member of:
- SCATT Association
- SCAC Association
- IAAO (International Association of Assessing Officers
- Berkeley Chamber of Commerce
- South Carolina State Employee Association
- International Personal Property Association
- Berkeley Republican Party and Republican Woman Club