- Support sustainable economic growth in Berkeley County that will maintain and create jobs and grow the tax base.
- Recruit new industry using partners, allies, and direct marketing strategies.
- Produce a competitive environment for the county and economic growth.
- Through partner agencies, support the development of assets such as infrastructure, transportation, favorable business climate, and amenities.
- Support area education and workforce development agencies and programs by relaying information on current and future workforce needs from business and industry.
- Identify available land, sites, and buildings suitable for business development and lead product development.
Job Fair Happening Feb. 1 at Berkeley County Administration Building
MONCKS CORNER, S.C. – (Friday, January 27, 2023) – There will be a community-wide job fair happening Wednesday, February 1 in the Assembly Room of the Berkeley County Administration Building, located at 1003…
Redwood Materials Establishing Operations in Berkeley County with Largest Economic Development Announcement in State History
https://youtu.be/k3YjooZCuBE COLUMBIA, S.C. – Redwood Materials, a producer of anode and cathode battery components for electric vehicles, along with Governor Henry McMaster, today announced plans to establish operations in Berkeley County. The company’s $3.5 billion…
Berkeley County Announces Upcoming Holiday Closures & Hours
MONCKS CORNER, S.C. – (Monday, December 5, 2022) – Berkeley County Government announces its upcoming closures and unique hours for its various facilities during this holiday season. GOVERNMENT OFFICES: All County Government offices…
Berkeley County to Hold In-House Job Fair October 6
MONCKS CORNER, S.C. – (Tuesday, October 4, 2022) – Berkeley County Government is hosting an in-house job fair for open County positions on Thursday, October 6, 2022 from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.…
Emergency Response Vehicles Delayed in Berkeley County Throughout Ian
MONCKS CORNER, S.C. – (Friday, September 30, 2022) – Emergency responses across Berkeley County are currently delayed. Due to high winds, high-profile vehicles (i.e. ambulances, fire trucks, and utility vehicles) are periodically suspended…