There are several steps a homeowner should take to control mosquitoes around the house.
- Fill depressions or low-lying areas
- Clear obstructed drainage ditches
- Remove unnecessary containers
- Empty standing water from birdbaths, flower cuttings, and other containers once a week
- Properly dispose of or store tires under cover
- Keep boats drained, covered, or overturned
- Maintain swimming pools with proper chemicals
- Eliminate standing water around animal watering troughs. Flush livestock watering troughs at least once a week
- Use proper screening on windows and doors
- Clean out house gutters regularly
- Keep grass mowed
- Use insect repellants when necessary
By taking these steps you will better enjoy the outdoors in and around your yard throughout the year.