If an adult is “incapacitated” as a result of mental and/or physical impairment, and unable to make decisions for their health and welfare a Guardian may be appointed to make such decisions for them. If they are unable to make financial decisions or manage their financial affairs, a Conservator may be appointed to handle their finances. After receiving the necessary medical reports and visitors report, a Guardian Ad Litem will be appointed to represent the alleged incapacitated person and a hearing will be held to determine if an applicant should be appointed.


If a minor receives more than $15,000.00, a Conservator must be appointed to manage their funds until they reach the age of 18 years.

Contact Information

Laura Graham
(843) 719-4383

Comments are closed.