MONCKS CORNER, S.C. – (Friday, September 30, 2022) – Emergency responses across Berkeley County are currently delayed. Due to high winds, high-profile vehicles (i.e. ambulances, fire trucks, and utility vehicles) are periodically suspended from roadways. The duration of the delay is dependent on the weather.
Berkeley County is currently under a Flood Warning and emergency management officials are urging the public to be mindful of flood prone areas and water on roadways. The County alsoremains under a Hurricane Warning, with the peak of the storm expected to move across the area around 2 p.m. today, Friday, September 30.
OPERATING CONDITIONS: Berkeley County moved from OPCON 3 to OPCON 2 at 6 a.m. on Friday, September 30, partially activating its Emergency Operations Center (EOC). OPCON 2 means a disaster or emergency is likely to affect the County and emergency operations plans are implemented.
WEATHER ALERTS: Sign-up to receive all Berkeley County-related weather alerts HERE.
CITIZEN CALL LINE: The Citizen Call Line (843-719-4800) is open until 8 p.m. today, Friday, September 30 for non-emergency calls ONLY. **For all emergencies, please call 911.**
CLOSURES: The following Berkeley County Government facilities are CLOSED today, Friday, September 30 and will operate by varying hours listed below on Saturday, October 1.
- All Berkeley County Government offices
- Will resume normal operating hours on Monday, October 3.
- The Courthouse
- Court will resume its normal schedule at 8 a.m. on Saturday, October 1.
- Will REOPEN 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Saturday, October 1.
- Convenience Centers
- Will REOPEN 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday, October 1.
- Cypress Gardens
- Will REOPEN 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Berkeley Animal Center
- Will resume normal operating hours on Saturday, October 1.
- Library branches
- Will resume their normal operating hours on Saturday, October 1.
STORM DAMAGE: As reports come in around the County about downed trees across roadways, crews with County Roads and Bridges, SCDOT and local fire departments are working quickly to clear those areas. Please do not drive or walk into flooded areas. To report storm damage, go HERE.
POWER OUTAGES: Do not call 911 for power outages. Please report outages to the appropriate provider below:
- Berkeley Electric: 1-888-253-4232
- Santee Cooper: 1-888-769-7688
- Dominion Energy: 1-888-333-4465
- Edisto Electric: 1-800-433-3292
South Carolina remains under a State of Emergency after Gov. Henry McMaster issued an Executive Order on Wednesday, September 28.
For the latest news and updates on Ian, follow Berkeley County Government on Facebook and at
-Prepared by the Berkeley County Public Information Office-