auditor: Marine question

  • According to South Carolina law, you are required to pay personal property taxes on watercraft. We receive a list monthly from the South Carolina Department of Natural Resources of all watercraft registered in Berkeley County on December 31st of the previous year. This list is used to generate tax bills for the current year. The registration and title requirements for all boats and outboard motors are determined by the SCDNR. These requirements and the necessary steps for registering watercraft and outboard motors can be found on the SCDNR website at

    If you have questions or concerns regarding the Berkeley County property taxes on your boat or motor, please fill out the required information below. We will get back with you as soon as possible.

Comments are closed.