MONCKS CORNER, S.C. – (Tuesday, September 19, 2023) – In recognition of National Voter Registration Day today, Tuesday, September 19, 2023, Berkeley County Government’s Voter Registration and Elections Office is reminding the public of important dates and information regarding municipal elections in Berkeley County this year, as well as approaching voter registration deadlines. To vote in South Carolina, state law requires a person to register to vote at least 30 days prior to an election.
This election cycle there will be no countywide offices of Berkeley County on the November ballot. However, there will be municipal elections in the Town of Moncks Corner, Town of Jamestown, Town of Summerville, and portions of City of Charleston located within Berkeley County. View the full 2023 election schedule in Berkeley County HERE. If you live within the municipal limits of these areas, you may be able to vote on Election Day, which is Tuesday, November 7, 2023.
VOTER REGISTRATION: Voter registration deadlines for Town of Moncks Corner, Town of Jamestown, Town of Summerville, and City of Charleston are as follows:
- October 6: In-person at Berkeley County Voter Registration & Elections Office, 1003 Highway 52 in Moncks Corner
- October 8: Online at www.scvotes.gov / Email: / Fax: 843-719-4060
- October 10: Via mail (postmarked date)
- Mail registration application found HERE to: Berkeley County Voter Registration & Elections, P.O. Box 6122, Moncks Corner, SC 29461
Berkeley County residents who reside in the above municipalities and want to register to vote can pick up Voter Registration By-Mail forms Monday through Friday at the Berkeley County Voter Registration & Elections Office or at one of the following locations:
- All Berkeley Library Branches; see full list of locations HERE.
- Goose Creek City Hall – 519 N Goose Creek Boulevard, Goose Creek, SC 29445
- Moncks Corner Town Hall – 118 Carolina Avenue, Moncks Corner, SC 29461
- St. Stephen Town Hall – 124 Hood Street, St. Stephen, SC 29479
- Post Offices in Bonneau, Cross, Cordesville, Goose Creek, Huger, Jamestown, Pineville, Russellville and St. Stephen
ABSENTEE VOTING: Absentee ballots may be requested during normal business hours either in person at Berkeley County Voter Registration & Elections Office at 1003 Highway 52 in Moncks Corner or by calling 843-719-4056.
– Prepared by the Berkeley County Public Information Office –