NOTICE OF MEETING
BERKELEY COUNTY BOARD OF CANVASSERS
The Berkeley County Board of Voter Registration and Elections will meet on Thursday, June 16,2022 at 10:00AM as the Board of Canvassers to certify the results of the Statewide Primary held on Tuesday, June 14,2022.
Meeting will be held in the Berkeley County Assembly Room located at 1003 Highway 52 Moncks Comer, SC 29461.
Immediately following, a recount will be held for the office of Berkeley County Council District #5.
All interested persons are welcome to attend.
New SC Law Establishes Early Voting for June Primaries Starting May 31. Read more HERE.
NOTICE OF PUBLIC TEST
The Berkeley County Board of Elections and Voter Registration will hold a Public Test of the Ballot Tabulating Equipment (DS200) for the upcoming June 14, 2022, Statewide Primary Election. This test will be held at 10:00AM on Monday, May 16, 2022, at the County Voter Registration Office located at 1003 Highway 52, Moncks Corner, SC. All interested persons are welcome to attend.
NOTICE OF PUBLIC TEST
The Berkeley County Board of Elections and Voter Registration will hold a Public Test of the Ballot Tabulating Equipment (DS200) for the upcoming May 17, 2022, House District 97 Special Election. This test will be held at 10:00AM on Thursday, April 14, 2022, at the County Voter Registration Office located at 1003 Highway 52, Moncks Corner, SC. All interested persons are welcome to attend.
A Photo Id is required to vote. More information may be found on the SC State Election Commission Photo ID Requirements page.
Photo ID – What Voters Need to Know
- Register to vote
- Change address voter registration
- Check your voter information
- Request an absentee ballot - To get your application online, you must be able to print your application or save your application for printing later. You can only get your application online once.
- Authorization to Return Ballot Form
Election Calendar and Important Dates
This List is Inclusive of all known elections, Special Elections may be added as required
In order to vote, South Carolina law requires one must first register to vote at least 30 days prior to the election. To be eligible to register in South Carolina you MUST:
- Be a United States citizen
- Be at least eighteen years old on or before the next election
- Be a resident of South Carolina, this county and precinct in which you are registering
- Not be under a court order declaring you mentally incompetent
- Not be confined in any public prison resulting from a conviction of a crime
- Have never been convicted of a felony or offense against the election laws OR if previously convicted, have served the entire sentence, including probation or parole, or have received a pardon for the conviction.
Berkeley County citizens can register Mondays-Fridays at the Voter Registration and Elections Office in Moncks Corner.
As an added convenience, citizens can pick up Voter Registration-By-Mail forms at the following locations:
- The public libraries in Hanahan and Goose Creek
- Goose Creek City Hall
- Post Offices:
- Russellville and
- St. Stephen.
Absentee ballots may be requested from this office during normal business hours. By phone (843) 719-4058 or by e-mailing .
MONCKS CORNER, S.C. – (Tuesday, May 24, 2022) – Berkeley County Voters Registration & Elections Office has announced three locations where registered Berkeley County voters can vote early in the South Carolina Primary…
MONCKS CORNER, S.C. – (Monday, March 7, 2022) – Any candidate who is seeking a political party’s nomination for a local, state or federal seat in the 2022 General Election may file for…
MONCKS CORNER, S.C. – (Friday, February 18, 2022) – By unanimous vote at the Berkeley County Council meeting on Monday, February 14,Council members passed the County’s 2022 Redistricting Plan, reapportioning County Council districts.…
MONCKS CORNER, S.C. – (Thursday, January 20, 2022) – All Berkeley County Government Offices, the Courthouse, the County Landfill and all County Convenience Centers will be closing at 3 p.m. on Friday, January…
MONCKS CORNER, S.C. – (Friday, January 14, 2022) – Berkeley County is seeking public input on its proposed Redistricting Plan by encouraging citizens to submit comments and/or questions online now through Thursday, January…