Notice of Meeting
The Board of Voter Registration & Elections of Berkeley County will hold its regular board meeting in the Berkeley County Assembly Room, located at 1003 N Highway 52 Moncks Corner, SC on Thursday, September 14,2023, at 6:00PM. All interested persons are welcome to attend.
NOTICE OF PUBLIC TEST
The Berkeley County Board of Elections and Voter Registration will hold a Public Test of the Ballot Tabulating Equipment (DS200) for the upcoming May 17, 2022, House District 97 Special Election. This test will be held at 10:00AM on Thursday, April 14, 2022, at the County Voter Registration Office located at 1003 Highway 52, Moncks Corner, SC. All interested persons are welcome to attend.
A Photo Id is required to vote. More information may be found on the SC State Election Commission Photo ID Requirements page.
Photo ID – What Voters Need to Know
- Public Notice of Filing
- City of Charleston Filing
- Public Notice of Filing - Town of Moncks Corner
- Candidate Filing Information
- Candidate Filing Tracking
- Municipal Election Schedule Fees
- Register to vote
- Change address voter registration
- Check your voter information
- Request an absentee ballot
- Authorization to Return Ballot Form
- Polling Places
Berkeley County citizens can register Mondays-Fridays at the Voter Registration and Elections Office in Moncks Corner.
As an added convenience, citizens can pick up Voter Registration-By-Mail forms at the following locations:
- All Berkeley County Library locations
- Goose Creek City Hall
- Hanahan City Hall
- Moncks Corner Town Hall
- Bonneau Town Hall
- St. Stephen Town Hall
- Jamestown Town Hall
- Post Offices: Bonneau, Cross, Cordesville, Goose Creek, Huger, Jamestown, Pineville, Pinopolis, Russellville and St. Stephen.
Election Calendar and Important Dates
This List is Inclusive of all known elections, Special Elections may be added as required
In order to vote, South Carolina law requires one must first register to vote at least 30 days prior to the election. To be eligible to register in South Carolina you MUST:
- Be a United States citizen
- Be at least eighteen years old on or before the next election
- Be a resident of South Carolina, this county and precinct in which you are registering
- Not be under a court order declaring you mentally incompetent
- Not be confined in any public prison resulting from a conviction of a crime
- Have never been convicted of a felony or offense against the election laws OR if previously convicted, have served the entire sentence, including probation or parole, or have received a pardon for the conviction.
MONCKS CORNER, S.C. – (Tuesday, September 19, 2023) – In recognition of National Voter Registration Day today, Tuesday, September 19, 2023, Berkeley County Government’s Voter Registration and Elections Office is reminding the public of important dates and information regarding municipal…
MONCKS CORNER, S.C. – (Thursday, August 31, 2023) – Berkeley County Government is encouraging any resident or business that sustained storm damage from Idalia to report it online HERE or via the Citizen…
MONCKS CORNER, S.C. – (Wednesday, August 30, 2023) – As Idalia approaches, Berkeley County remains under a Tropical Storm Warning, which means Tropical Storm force winds are possible within the next 36 hours,…
MONCKS CORNER, S.C. – (Tuesday, August 29, 2023) – Berkeley County Emergency Management officials and leaders are continuing to monitor Hurricane Idalia, set to make landfall early Wednesday as a category 3 storm…
MONCKS CORNER, S.C. – (Monday, August 28, 2023) – Berkeley County Emergency Management officials and leaders are currently monitoring Tropical Storm Idalia. National weather experts are predicting the storm will become a major…