A Photo Id is required to vote. More information may be found on the SC State Election Commission Photo ID Requirements page.
Photo ID – What Voters Need to Know
Election Calendar and Important Dates
South Carolina law requires one must first register to vote at least 30 days prior to the election. To be eligible to register in South Carolina you MUST:
- be a United States citizen
- be at least eighteen years old on or before the next election
- be a resident of South Carolina, this county and precinct
- not be under a court order declaring you mentally incompetent
- not be confined in any public prison resulting from a conviction of a crime
- have never been convicted of a felony or offense against the election laws OR if previously convicted, have served the entire sentence, including probation or parole, or have received a pardon for the conviction.
Berkeley County citizens can register Mondays-Fridays at the Voter Registration and Elections Office in Moncks Corner.
As an added convenience, citizens can pick up Voter Registration-By-Mail forms at:
- The public libraries in Hanahan and Goose Creek
- Goose Creek City Hall
- Post Offices: Bonneau, Cross, Cordesville, Huger, Jamestown, Pineville, Russellville and St. Stephen.
Absentee ballots may be requested from this office during normal business hours. By phone (843) 719-4059 or by e-mailing .
MONCKS CORNER, S.C.– (Tuesday, September 22, 2020) – Today is National Voter Registration Day, and
MONCKS CORNER, S.C.– (Friday, May 8, 2020) – Berkeley County Government buildings will reopen to
MONCKS CORNER, S.C.– (Thursday, March 26, 2020) – Berkeley County Government offices and courts will