NOTICE OF PUBLIC TEST
The Berkeley County Board of Elections and Voter Registration will hold a Public Test of the Ballot Tabulating Equipment (DS200) for the upcoming May 17, 2022, House District 97 Special Election. This test will be held at 10:00AM on Thursday, April 14, 2022, at the County Voter Registration Office located at 1003 Highway 52, Moncks Corner, SC. All interested persons are welcome to attend.
A Photo Id is required to vote. More information may be found on the SC State Election Commission Photo ID Requirements page.
Photo ID – What Voters Need to Know
- Register to vote
- Change address voter registration
- Check your voter information
- Request an absentee ballot
- Authorization to Return Ballot Form
- Polling Places
Election Calendar and Important Dates
This List is Inclusive of all known elections, Special Elections may be added as required
In order to vote, South Carolina law requires one must first register to vote at least 30 days prior to the election. To be eligible to register in South Carolina you MUST:
- Be a United States citizen
- Be at least eighteen years old on or before the next election
- Be a resident of South Carolina, this county and precinct in which you are registering
- Not be under a court order declaring you mentally incompetent
- Not be confined in any public prison resulting from a conviction of a crime
- Have never been convicted of a felony or offense against the election laws OR if previously convicted, have served the entire sentence, including probation or parole, or have received a pardon for the conviction.
Berkeley County citizens can register Mondays-Fridays at the Voter Registration and Elections Office in Moncks Corner.
As an added convenience, citizens can pick up Voter Registration-By-Mail forms at the following locations:
- The public libraries in Hanahan and Goose Creek
- Goose Creek City Hall
- Post Offices:
- Russellville and
- St. Stephen.
Absentee ballots may be requested from this office during normal business hours. By phone (843) 719-4058 or by e-mailing .
MONCKS CORNER, S.C. – (Monday, December 5, 2022) – Berkeley County Government announces its upcoming closures and unique hours for its various facilities during this holiday season. GOVERNMENT OFFICES: All County Government offices…
MONCKS CORNER, S.C. – (Monday, November 7, 2022) – More than 20,000 voters in Berkeley County participated in in-person, early voting ahead of the 2022 General Election. Berkeley County opened three locations during…
MONCKS CORNER, S.C. – (Wednesday, October 5, 2022) – Early voting for the November 8 General Election will be available statewide starting Monday, October 24, 2022. Registered Berkeley County voters may early vote…
MONCKS CORNER, S.C. – (Friday, September 30, 2022) – Emergency responses across Berkeley County are currently delayed. Due to high winds, high-profile vehicles (i.e. ambulances, fire trucks, and utility vehicles) are periodically suspended…
MONCKS CORNER, S.C. – (Thursday, September 29, 2022) – Berkeley County will move from OPCON 3 to OPCON 2 at 6 a.m. on Friday, September 30, partially activating its Emergency Operations Center (EOC).…