The essential role of Grants Administration is to complement the practical knowledge of Department Directors by advising and assisting with grant activities. Grants Administration actively conducts research, data analysis, reviews funding opportunities and provides administrative oversight for all county grant funded activities ensuring that both the granting agencies and the county fulfill and administer grants according to all requirements of laws, regulations, and formally established policies. Grants Administration acts as a clearinghouse for all county department grant applications, proposals, project reporting, financial reporting, monitoring and grant-closeout.
- Ensure Berkeley County's approach to Federal, State, foundation, and corporate funding opportunities are effectively coordinated
- Research and identify grant funding to meet Berkeley County’s Strategic Plan
- Track all competitive funding application efforts and awards to measure the County's overall success and to report to County leadership
- Interpret and implement grant management policies and procedures applicable to awarded grants
- Review and submit applications, project, and financial reports on behalf of Project Managers
- Manage grant files to ensure compliance with applicable regulations
This office will be responsible for the program management and project oversight of the anticipated funding allocation from the U. S. Department of Housing and Urban Development in 2021.
MONCKS CORNER, S.C. – (Tuesday, August 9, 2022) – At the Berkeley County Council meeting on Monday, August 8, 2022, Council passed third and final reading of an ordinance to place a countywide…
MONCKS CORNER, S.C. – (Monday, August 1, 2022) – The application period opened today, Monday, August 1, 2022 to apply for Berkeley County State Accommodations Tax funding. Individuals or businesses in Berkeley County…
MONCKS CORNER, S.C. – (Monday, July 18, 2022) – The Berkeley County Accommodations Tax Commission will hold a public information meeting about the Berkeley County State Accommodations Tax on Wednesday, July 27, 2022…
MONCKS CORNER, S.C. – (Thursday, June 9, 2022) – Berkeley County has proposed a substantial amendment to its FY2022 Annual Action Plan and 2022-2025 Consolidated Plan—both of which address local housing and community…
MONCKS CORNER, S.C. – (Thursday, May 26, 2022) – Berkeley County has awarded approximately $1 million in Community Development Block Grants (CDBG) to seven different local nonprofits and municipalities. The money stems from…