The essential role of Grants Administration is to complement the practical knowledge of Department Directors by advising and assisting with grant activities. Grants Administration actively conducts research, data analysis, reviews funding opportunities and provides administrative oversight for all county grant funded activities ensuring that both the granting agencies and the county fulfill and administer grants according to all requirements of laws, regulations, and formally established policies. Grants Administration acts as a clearinghouse for all county department grant applications, proposals, project reporting, financial reporting, monitoring and grant-closeout.
- Ensure Berkeley County’s approach to Federal, State, foundation, and corporate funding opportunities are effectively coordinated
- Research and identify grant funding to meet Berkeley County’s Strategic Plan
- Track all competitive funding application efforts and awards to measure the County’s overall success and to report to County leadership
- Interpret and implement grant management policies and procedures applicable to awarded grants
- Review and submit applications, project, and financial reports on behalf of Project Managers
- Manage grant files to ensure compliance with applicable regulations
This office will be responsible for the program management and project oversight of the anticipated funding allocation from the U. S. Department of Housing and Urban Development in 2021.
MONCKS CORNER, S.C. – (Thursday, November 4, 2021) – Berkeley County will suspend any NEW applications for the Emergency Rental Assistance (ERA) Program on November 12, 2021. The County will process applications submitted…
MONCKS CORNER, S.C.- (Friday, August 19, 2021)—Berkeley County has received approximately $44.2 million from the U.S. Department of Treasury in connection to the Coronavirus State & Local Fiscal Recovery Funds (SLFRF), which is…
MONCKS CORNER, S.C. – (Friday, July 16, 2021) – Berkeley County, in partnership with Santee Cooper, announces plans for the Mega Boat Landing Project on Lake Moultrie. The site was previously the Atkins…
MONCKS CORNER, S.C. – (Tuesday, April 27, 2021) – Berkeley County has awarded $1.2 million in Community Development Block Grants (CDBG) to six different local nonprofits and municipalities. The money stems from the…
MONCKS CORNER, S.C. – (Friday, April 9, 2021) – Only one week remains to apply for the Federal Emergency Rental Assistance Program in Berkeley County. The deadline is 5 p.m. on Friday, April…