The Department also supports the management staff of Berkeley County by organizing employment activities, developing policies and procedures, administering the County’s benefits and compensation programs, coordinating wellness programs, providing training to enhance employee/supervisory performance and facilitating employee relations.
- Recruit prospective employees by attending job fairs, advertising, collecting applications, etc.
- Onboarding new employees
- Process job applications and personnel actions
- Develop and deliver countywide training programs
- Administer benefits and compensation programs
- Provide employees with benefits counseling and wellness programs
- Maintain the Human Resources Information System (HRIS)
- Coordinate Employee Assistance Programs (EAP) for employees and their families
- Interpret personnel policies and procedures
- Deal with employee complaints and grievances
- Monitor compliance with legal requirements
- Coordinate the performance appraisal process
- MIAP Services
Medical Indigent Assistance Program
This program provides assistance in the payment of hospital bills to our indigent citizens. We are located at 1003 Highway 52, Moncks Corner, SC 29461, Room 119. Our hours of operation are Tuesday – Thursday from 1:00pm to 3:30pm. Any questions about the program should be addressed to (843) 719-4106.
MONCKS CORNER, S.C.– (Friday, May 8, 2020) – Berkeley County Government buildings will reopen to
MONCKS CORNER, S.C.– (Wednesday, April 1, 2020) – Berkeley County Supervisor Johnny Cribb is urging
Governor McMaster Orders the Closure of Non-Essential Businesses in S.C. MONCKS CORNER, S.C.– (Tuesday, March