The Department also supports the management staff of Berkeley County by organizing employment activities, developing policies and procedures, administering the County's benefits and compensation programs, coordinating wellness programs, providing training to enhance employee/supervisory performance and facilitating employee relations.
- Recruit prospective employees by attending job fairs, advertising, collecting applications, etc.
- Onboarding new employees
- Process job applications and personnel actions
- Develop and deliver countywide training programs
- Administer benefits and compensation programs
- Provide employees with benefits counseling and wellness programs
- Maintain the Human Resources Information System (HRIS)
- Coordinate Employee Assistance Programs (EAP) for employees and their families
- Interpret personnel policies and procedures
- Deal with employee complaints and grievances
- Monitor compliance with legal requirements
- Coordinate the performance appraisal process
- MIAP Services
Medical Indigent Assistance Program
This program provides assistance in the payment of hospital bills to our indigent citizens. We are located at 1003 Highway 52, Moncks Corner, SC 29461, Room 119. Our hours of operation are Tuesday – Thursday from 1:00pm to 3:30pm. Any questions about the program should be addressed to (843) 719-4106.
MONCKS CORNER, S.C. – (Thursday, August 31, 2023) – Berkeley County Government is encouraging any resident or business that sustained storm damage from Idalia to report it online HERE or via the Citizen Call Line at 843-719-4800 and leave a…
MONCKS CORNER, S.C. – (Wednesday, August 30, 2023) – As Idalia approaches, Berkeley County remains under a Tropical Storm Warning, which means Tropical Storm force winds are possible within the next 36 hours,…
MONCKS CORNER, S.C. – (Tuesday, August 29, 2023) – Berkeley County Emergency Management officials and leaders are continuing to monitor Hurricane Idalia, set to make landfall early Wednesday as a category 3 storm…
MONCKS CORNER, S.C. – (Monday, August 28, 2023) – Berkeley County Emergency Management officials and leaders are currently monitoring Tropical Storm Idalia. National weather experts are predicting the storm will become a major…
MONCKS CORNER, S.C. – (Thursday, July 6, 2023) – Berkeley County Government is hosting an in-house job fair for open County positions on Thursday, July 13 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. The…