The Department also supports the management staff of Berkeley County by organizing employment activities, developing policies and procedures, administering the County’s benefits and compensation programs, coordinating wellness programs, providing training to enhance employee/supervisory performance and facilitating employee relations.
- Recruit prospective employees by attending job fairs, advertising, collecting applications, etc.
- Onboarding new employees
- Process job applications and personnel actions
- Develop and deliver countywide training programs
- Administer benefits and compensation programs
- Provide employees with benefits counseling and wellness programs
- Maintain the Human Resources Information System (HRIS)
- Coordinate Employee Assistance Programs (EAP) for employees and their families
- Interpret personnel policies and procedures
- Deal with employee complaints and grievances
- Monitor compliance with legal requirements
- Coordinate the performance appraisal process
- MIAP Services
Medical Indigent Assistance Program
This program provides assistance in the payment of hospital bills to our indigent citizens. We are located at 1003 Highway 52, Moncks Corner, SC 29461, Room 119. Our hours of operation are Tuesday – Thursday from 1:00pm to 3:30pm. Any questions about the program should be addressed to (843) 719-4106.
MONCKS CORNER, S.C.- (August 3, 2020) — All Berkeley County Offices will close at 2 p.m. Monday, August 3 due to Tropical Storm Isaias. This closure includes the Berkeley County Courthouse, Libraries, Animal…
MONCKS CORNER, S.C.- (Monday, May 18, 2020) – Berkeley County is scheduled to return to OPCON Level 3, or normal operating conditions, at noon today. The County continues to work with local, state…
MONCKS CORNER, S.C.- (Friday, May 8, 2020) – Berkeley County Government buildings will reopen to the public on Wednesday, May 20. The Voters Registration and Elections Office will be open to the public…
MONCKS CORNER, S.C.- (Wednesday, April 1, 2020) – Berkeley County Supervisor Johnny Cribb is urging citizens to follow the Governor’s orders and encouraging people to stay home if possible. Supervisor Cribb issued the…
Governor McMaster Orders the Closure of Non-Essential Businesses in S.C. MONCKS CORNER, S.C.- (Tuesday, March 31, 2020) – Governor Henry McMaster has issued an executive order closing non-essential businesses. The order will go…