When searching for deeds via search.berkeleydeeds.com, please follow the instructions below. Keep in mind that the site updates every 15 minutes.
- Enter a name with a date range that you are searching for. If you do not choose a particular date range, it will default from July 1, 1983 to present.
- If you are looking for the name as a grantor or a grantee, check the box at the right of the name.
- If you are looking for all types of documents check the box above the document names at the right or check whichever type or types you are looking for. Press search which will give you a list of names based on your search.
- At the right, you are given the number of entries for a particular name. Check on the ones you are interested in or check all. When you have checked your preferences, press “display detail listing”.
- The next screen will give you all entries based on your search criteria. You may click on a particular document or you may also click on a cross-referenced document (satisfaction, assignment, etc.)
- Click “view” on the right to view the image and to print if you like.
- You can also search by a particular book and page at the lower left-hand side of screen.
- Keep in mind that you must select a record type. “Record Book” or “Plat” indicates documents recorded in our new system September 14, 2015 to present. Choose old plats, old real property, etc. if your recording was prior to September 14, 2015.