The Solicitor, a state constitutional officer, directs the operation of the office in a designated judicial circuit.
The Solicitor ensures prosecutions are processed by organizing an orderly, efficient flow of cases, assigning cases to attorneys, advising attorneys on cases assigned, monitoring status of pending cases and supervising personnel.
Charleston and Berkeley counties make up South Carolina’s Ninth Judicial Circuit. The Solicitor is elected for a four-year term and has offices provided by each county.
This Office Does:
- Prosecute all criminal Cases in the circuit’s Court of General Sessions
- Adjudicate criminal cases in Family Court (Juvenile)
- Administer the Pre-Trial Intervention (PTI) Program
- Administer the Victim-Witness Assistance Program
This Office Does Not:
- Prosecute Civil Cases
- Accept Child Support Payments
- Handle Divorce Cases
MONCKS CORNER, S.C.– (Friday, May 8, 2020) – Berkeley County Government buildings will reopen to
MONCKS CORNER, S.C.– (Thursday, March 26, 2020) – Berkeley County Government offices and courts will