In the event of a chemical spill or other biohazard immediately call 9-1-1
The Emergency Management Department continually works hard to ensure the County is prepared for any and all types of potential disasters.
This department performs numerous tasks, including:
- Coordinates the development, maintenance, and testing of a comprehensive all-hazard emergency management program for Berkeley County.
- Coordinates the County’s emergency management training program.
- Operates the Emergency Operations Center in conjunction with various County partners.
- Identifies and works to mitigate hazards to the County.
- Develops and maintains plans for emergency situation responses.
- Coordinates the deployment of and requests for resources through the Statewide Mutual Aid Agreement.
- Serves as the County’s coordinating agency for hazardous materials response through partnership with the Local Emergency Planning Committee.
- Oversees development and coordination of volunteer efforts through the Community Emergency Response Team and Volunteer Council.
- Serves as the County’s liaison to area fire departments.
- Provides emergency response support to all County partners.
MONCKS CORNER, S.C.- (Friday, March 13, 2020) — Berkeley County Emergency Management officials continue to proactively prepare for cases of the coronavirus, officially called novel coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). President Donald Trump declared…
MONCKS CORNER, S.C.- (Monday, March 9, 2020) — Berkeley County Emergency Management officials are proactively preparing for cases of the coronavirus, officially called novel coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). As of Monday, March 9,…
MONCKS CORNER, S.C.- (Wednesday, March 4, 2020) — Berkeley County is in the process of updating its Hazard Mitigation Plan, with assistance from the Berkeley-Charleston-Dorchester Council of Governments (BCDCOG), and is seeking public…
MONCKS CORNER, S.C.- (Tuesday, February 11, 2020) — Berkeley County Government launched a new website this week, showcasing many new features that will better serve Berkeley County citizens. Additionally, Berkeley County Sheriff’s Office’s…
Crash causes diesel spill, no imminent public threat ST. STEPHEN, S.C.- (Monday, December 9, 2019) — Berkeley County Emergency Management Department, along with first responders and Hepaco Inc., are responding to a tractor-trailer…