In the event of a chemical spill or other biohazard immediately call 9-1-1
The Emergency Management Department continually works hard to ensure the County is prepared for any and all types of potential disasters.
This department performs numerous tasks, including:
- Coordinates the development, maintenance, and testing of a comprehensive all-hazard emergency management program for Berkeley County.
- Coordinates the County’s emergency management training program.
- Operates the Emergency Operations Center in conjunction with various County partners.
- Identifies and works to mitigate hazards to the County.
- Develops and maintains plans for emergency situation responses.
- Coordinates the deployment of and requests for resources through the Statewide Mutual Aid Agreement.
- Serves as the County’s coordinating agency for hazardous materials response through partnership with the Local Emergency Planning Committee.
- Oversees development and coordination of volunteer efforts through the Community Emergency Response Team and Volunteer Council.
- Serves as the County’s liaison to area fire departments.
- Provides emergency response support to all County partners.
Berkeley County Issues State of Emergency Declaration MONCKS CORNER, S.C.- (Sunday, September 1) Berkeley County Council issued a State of Emergency declaration at the County Committee and Council meeting Sunday, September 1 at…
MONCKS CORNER, S.C.- (Sunday, September 1) Berkeley County Council will meet at 2 p.m. today to further discuss County preparations ahead of the storm. OPERATING CONDITION: Berkeley County will move to OPCON 1…
Emergency Operations Moves to OPCON 2 MONCKS CORNER, S.C.- (Saturday, August 31) Berkeley County’s Emergency Operations Center (EOC) will move to OPCON 2 at 1 p.m. Saturday, August 31, 2019. OPCON 2 means…