The Berkeley County Maintenance Garage strives to provide professional and courteous service while efficiently performing the maintenance and repairs for all county vehicles and heavy equipment. Responsibilities include:
- To maintain all county vehicles and heavy equipment
- To provide preventive maintenance and repairs for all departments to meet the needs of Berkeley County employees and citizens
- Provide fleet services needed during normal business and hours and during times of emergency
When a county vehicle or heavy equipment is in need of repair, please remember:
- All P.M. inspections must arrive by 12 noon
- Place all after hours fleet maintenance request in the drop box outside of the maintenance garage office
- During normal business hours, please bring your fleet maintenance request to the office.
- You must provide an accident report for all windshield repairs.
- Please be sure all pertinent information has been listed on fleet maintenance requests (examples: mileage, department, vehicle/unit#, make/model, list of repairs to be made). This will ensure proper handling and expediting of vehicle maintenance and repairs.