This department performs numerous tasks, including:
- Coordinates the development, maintenance, and testing of a comprehensive all-hazard emergency management program for Berkeley County.
- Coordinates the County’s emergency management training program.
- Operates the Emergency Operations Center in conjunction with various County partners.
- Identifies and works to mitigate hazards to the County.
- Develops and maintains plans for emergency situation responses.
- Coordinates the deployment of and requests for resources through the Statewide Mutual Aid Agreement.
- Serves as the County’s coordinating agency for hazardous materials response through partnership with the Local Emergency Planning Committee.
- Oversees development and coordination of volunteer efforts through the Community Emergency Response Team and Volunteer Council.
- Serves as the County’s liaison to area fire departments.
- Provides emergency response support to all County partners.
MONCKS CORNER, S.C. (Tuesday, February 23, 2021) – Berkeley County’s new Administration Building expansion is
MONCKS CORNER, S.C.– (Wednesday, May 27, 2020) – The COVID-19 testing that was scheduled to
COLUMBIA, S.C. (Tuesday, May 12, 2020) –At the request of Governor Henry McMaster, the Federal