In the event of a chemical spill or other biohazard immediately call 9-1-1
The Emergency Management Department continually works hard to ensure the County is prepared for any and all types of potential disasters.
This department performs numerous tasks, including:
- Coordinates the development, maintenance, and testing of a comprehensive all-hazard emergency management program for Berkeley County.
- Coordinates the County’s emergency management training program.
- Operates the Emergency Operations Center in conjunction with various County partners.
- Identifies and works to mitigate hazards to the County.
- Develops and maintains plans for emergency situation responses.
- Coordinates the deployment of and requests for resources through the Statewide Mutual Aid Agreement.
- Serves as the County’s coordinating agency for hazardous materials response through partnership with the Local Emergency Planning Committee.
- Oversees development and coordination of volunteer efforts through the Community Emergency Response Team and Volunteer Council.
- Serves as the County’s liaison to area fire departments.
- Provides emergency response support to all County partners.
MONCKS CORNER, S.C. – (Thursday, June 24, 2021) – Five rural fire departments on the Northern end of Berkeley County are merging operations to save costs and improve services to citizens. The following…
MONCKS CORNER, S.C. (Tuesday, February 23, 2021) – Berkeley County’s new Administration Building expansion is officially open to the public. Together with local leaders and elected officials from across the Tri-County and state,…
MONCKS CORNER, S.C.– (Monday, September 14, 2020) — The S.C. Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC), in cooperation with the S.C. National Guard, will be offering FREE COVID-19 drive-thru testing in Goose…
MONCKS CORNER, S.C.- (August 3, 2020) — All Berkeley County Offices will close at 2 p.m. Monday, August 3 due to Tropical Storm Isaias. This closure includes the Berkeley County Courthouse, Libraries, Animal…
MONCKS CORNER, S.C.- (Wednesday, May 27, 2020) – The COVID-19 testing that was scheduled to occur today at the Cainhoy Community Center in Huger has been cancelled due to the threat of flooding…