In the event of a chemical spill or other biohazard immediately call 9-1-1
Click to Expand
The Emergency Management Department continually works hard to ensure the County is prepared for any and all types of potential disasters.
This department performs numerous tasks, including:
- Coordinates the development, maintenance, and testing of a comprehensive all-hazard emergency management program for Berkeley County.
- Coordinates the County's emergency management training program.
- Operates the Emergency Operations Center in conjunction with various County partners.
- Identifies and works to mitigate hazards to the County.
- Develops and maintains plans for emergency situation responses.
- Coordinates the deployment of and requests for resources through the Statewide Mutual Aid Agreement.
- Serves as the County's coordinating agency for hazardous materials response through partnership with the Local Emergency Planning Committee.
- Oversees development and coordination of volunteer efforts through the Community Emergency Response Team and Volunteer Council.
- Serves as the County's liaison to area fire departments.
- Provides emergency response support to all County partners.
MONCKS CORNER, S.C. – (Tuesday, October 4, 2022) – Berkeley County Government is hosting an in-house job fair for open County positions on Thursday, October 6, 2022 from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.…
MONCKS CORNER, S.C. – (Friday, September 30, 2022) – Emergency responses across Berkeley County are currently delayed. Due to high winds, high-profile vehicles (i.e. ambulances, fire trucks, and utility vehicles) are periodically suspended…
MONCKS CORNER, S.C. – (Thursday, September 29, 2022) – Berkeley County will move from OPCON 3 to OPCON 2 at 6 a.m. on Friday, September 30, partially activating its Emergency Operations Center (EOC).…
MONCKS CORNER, S.C. – (Wednesday, September 28, 2022) – Berkeley County is under a Hurricane Watch and Tropical Storm Warning as Hurricane Ian inches closer to South Carolina. A watch does NOT mean…
MONCKS CORNER, S.C. – (Tuesday, September 27, 2022) – Berkeley County remains under a Tropical Storm Watch as Hurricane Ian approaches Florida. As of 5 p.m. Tuesday, September 27, 2022, Ian is a…