- Subdivision Of Property Requests
- Application for Rezoning
- Variance and Special Exception Requests
- Review of building permits for Zoning Compliance
- Zoning Verification/Confirmation LettersPlease be advised that as of July 24, 2007, the Berkeley County Planning & Zoning Department requires a $5.00 fee per lot/Tax Map Number requested in a Zoning Verification Letter. The Planning and Zoning Department requires that all requests be submitted using the form Zoning Verification Letter (ZVL) Request Form. Please be advised that any additional information requested may require a FOIA Request per the Freedom of Information Act, Section 30-4-10, et seq., Code of Laws of South Carolina (1976, as amended). You may visit the Berkeley County FOIA information page by clicking here.
- Requests for Waivers from the Planning Commission
- Zoning Use Approval Forms for 911 Addressing
- Additional forms and documents found here
- Administer the Zoning and Development Standards Ordinance and the Land Development and Subdivision Regulations. To obtain information about a property, please refer to the Official Zoning Map, which is available as a layer in the Berkeley County GIS Web Map. You may also refer to the Zoning District Cheat Sheet for a brief description of each Zoning District. Setback information.
Application forms for rezoning requests can be obtained from the Planning and Zoning Department, or downloaded from this site. There is a $250.00 non-refundable fee required for all requests. Each request is presented to the Planning Commission for recommendation to County Council.
The Planning Commission meets the fourth Tuesday of the month. Submission date deadline is the fourth Tuesday of the month by 5 pm for the next month’s meeting. The process of rezoning takes a minimum of 90 days.
All requests are advertised via the County website and posted with a yellow Berkeley County Planning Department hearing sign.
Variance, Special Exception Permit, and Appeals
Forms can be obtained through the Planning and Zoning Department and requires a $100.00 non-refundable fee for all requests.
All properties are advertised in the newspaper and posted on site. Requests go before the Board of Zoning Appeals. Submission date deadline is the third Tuesday of the month by 5 pm for the following month’s meeting. The Board of Zoning Appeals meets the third Tuesday of every month.
All requests are advertised via the newspaper and posted with a red Berkeley County Planning Department sign.